Saturday, May 30, 2020

Now in Session

Well hello.

It has been quite some time since I have written.
I started this blog at 22, aiming to “live a life worth writing about.”

I am now 28, and don’t exactly know both what that would entail and what wouldn’t.  I don’t see myself as being “special” in the way maybe that I did then.  I have my unique circumstances that I could share, but everyone does too.  Fundamentally, I don’t know what sets my life apart from someone else’s, what elevates my struggles without simply being naive.  

I can share my own story, of course, and have always wanted to do so.  I just have lost, or transitioned, my drive behind it.  The nature of this is changing, the same way that the world has drastically since I started in 2014.  Youth has the marks of ignorance, and age those of bias.

Maybe the goal now is to live a life I am proud of, and to share those tales of betterment.  Or the struggles of learning to be better.  Or maybe there still is purpose in sharing my own stories; but it feels vapid without it aiding someone else.  

Writing my perspective feels selfish.

It’s a crossroads that I have been quietly battling.

First, in questioning whether my life was holding up to the initial goal of “worth writing about,” then pondering how any life isn’t.

Ultimately, I do want to continue to share.  Writing has been part of my identity for over a decade, and I have been lost without it.  Every life is significant, and this is just tales from mine.

Perhaps by posting my stories, others can feel inclined to share their own.
I am still finding my “purpose,” but hopefully am on the right path.

No comments :

Post a Comment